Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Free Yourself


The main purpose of this blog is to be able to show my scars so we can heal together. We all have a weakness that we suffer from, mine is FORGIVENESS. Yes, I hold grudges. Yes, I'm Petty with a Passion. Yes, I'm a Sinner SAVED by HIS GRACE. But one thing I've always had trouble with, is sharing His grace with people who have done me wrong. Yes, I know His grace is sufficient but the human side of me didn't want my enemies to experience His grace. But forgiveness has nothing to do with our flesh, its a spiritual battle. Forgiveness is for YOU!!!

Yes, forgiving someone is for your own FREEDOM.

Matthew 6:14-15 says "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others for their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

In other words, you hold  up your own blessings when you hold on to the pain. God can't bless you with something new if you continue to hoard your hurt. I know, easier said than done. But once you start seeing others being blessed and you're stuck in the same place, you find yourself becoming angry with God and you begin to question Him.

"Why are you blessing my enemies when you know they did me wrong?"

His response, "Because they released their issue and their situation to me. When will you?"

You can't expect God's greatest blessings if you continue to hold on to the situation that keeps you stagnant. You have to go beyond your flesh and free yourself. I can only tell you from my past experiences. I'm the type of person where if you burn me, I burn the bridge and I will act like you never existed. Yes, I know its wrong but I am a work in progress.

I've lived by the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me again, you'll end up looking like a fool." LOL. (AGAIN, I'm a WORK IN PROGRESS). However, once I started seeing people who I considered 'my enemies' being blessed, with every fiber in my being, I would cringe. I was jealous. I was hurt. But most of all, I was angry. I wanted God to punish them for what they did to me. But I had to understand, God doesn't work that way.

I had to understand my blessing was connected to forgiving. Until, I was able to look past my flesh, remove the scales from my eyes and look into the situation with my spiritual binoculars, my blessings were going to remain 'on hold.'

It may be difficult to forgive the man that raped you, it might be painful to forgive the woman you considered your "bestie for life" how she stabbed you in your back, it may seem impossible to forgive family members that gave up on you. But your blessing is connected in forgiving your enemies.

Whether you've been burned, burned bridges, or set a fire and walked away. Holding on to the pain won't do you any good. You have to FREE YOURSELF so God can FREE YOUR BLESSINGS.

Authentically Yours,

Ariel Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment