Friday, August 26, 2016

Vulnerable Soul

I want to love again
But I'm afraid to unmask my pain
I want to be held again
So I'm asking you to break this chain
My pride can get in the way sometimes
And I forget to put my ego aside
I even wonder if you still love me sometimes

Because I've messed up every opportunity You've thrown my way
You've handed me life lines and passed by with tugboats
but I could never stay afloat.
Drowning in all my sins
knowing all along I shackled myself to what I knew I couldn't let go of.
Can you hear me? Do you see me?

My arms are above water and I'm reaching. Hoping you can save me.
I'm desperate for you and I can barely catch my breath.
I'm screaming for you and I hear you scream back,
"You have the keys to unlock you SHACKLES!!!"

So I look in my left hand and nothing is there.
I look in my right hand and you said, "They're a pair!!!"
"Hold them together and talk to me. Tell me how much you need me in your life.
Tell me that I'm the only one for you. Tell me that you'll stop sleeping with these fools.
Only then will I be able to save you. Tell me that you'll stop waiting by the phone to hear
those unfulfilled promises. Tell me that you're waiting for me to move on your behalf.
I know you're vulnerable because I'm vulnerable too. Do you know how long I've waited
to be your GROOM? I know your heart is broken, I allowed that to happen. I want to be
the man that will make you whole again. I want to be the man you can have late night conversations with.
I want to be the man that wraps My arms around you and shape you for purpose. Oh okay, I hear you now.
I hear you praying and crying aloud. i was prepared for this moment. I've been waiting for this moment.
Here I am. Give me your hand, give me your heart, give me your VULNERABLE SOUL."

Authentically Yours,

Ariel Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment