Friday, August 26, 2016

The New Guy

If love makes me feel this way, I DON'T WANT IT!!!
Constantly reaching for something I can't have and you,
reaching at your convenience.
I'd rather reach for Jesus.
At least I know He'll be more than welcome to have me.
Invite me into His universe and love me unconditionally.

Because loving you is confusing and it puts me in a bad head space.
I don't even know if that's a word but tonight it is.
I know you said that you would change but your actions aren't showing it.
What you need to know is that I've counseled with God about all the emotions.
And He simply asked me, "Do you feel it?"

"Do you know that every time you call your man, he'll pick up the phone?
Or will he glance and the screen, silence it, because he wants to be left alone.
When you bring up issues that bother you, will he listen?
Or will he blow it off and dismiss you?

So this is what I want you to do. Block him out for a while and make him non-existent.
Make ME your priority and I'll show him what he's missing.
Let him see how happy you are with me because I'm grooming you for purpose.
He'll be upset for a while but that's because he's jealous.
He's jealous of what I'm doing to you. Holding you up and loving you.
Shaping you and transforming you. Taking you out of the world and elevating you to another dimension.
Making you understand all of your worth.

You're mine now and I'm preparing you for something greater.
Not a man, a platform, but something far greater.
I chose you and now, he'll just have to admire you from afar.
And the next time he calls, SILENCE IT.
If he wants to know more about 'The New Guy'
make him aware I can be found in The Holy Bible."

No comments:

Post a Comment