Thursday, September 8, 2016

Releasing for the Blessing


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."-Philippians 4:6-7

     I remember when I was in the fourth grade, there was a specific subject that I could not stand in school. Yep, you guessed it, Physical Education (P.E.)!!! I couldn't stand P.E.!!! And the days we had to play outside in the HOT TEXAS SUN....LORD JESUS!!! I was a girly-girl who loved books, lip gloss, AND PLAYING INSIDE WITH AIR CONDITIONING. Sweating was not a ministry I wanted to be apart of. I loved looking good and leaving with every barrette in tact. On top of hating P.E., there was a specific activity that could not stand....TUG OF WAR!!! That long brown rope with a group of ten on each side competing to see who had the most strength. Yeah, I didn't like it one bit. 

     Well, this specific day, I was dressed extra cute (I was into the Clueless look; thank God for deliverance) and I didn't plan on being picked for either team. But you know what they say, "when we make plans, God laughs." One of the team leaders for the Tug Of War teams picked me to be on her team. I guess she didn't know she was about to lose. LOL. So, I pranced over to the rope and got in formation (yes, I said formation). The coach told each side to grab the rope and when she blew the whistle we needed to pull with every ounce of strength we had. So, she blew her whistle and each team pulled with all of their strength. 

     Who knew that pulling on something would hurt!? My hands started to turn red, I started to grunt and sweat, baby I even took off my shoes and started pulling harder, but my team was weak. They were depending on me to take up majority of the work, but I needed them more than they needed me. The other team started to pull us in but I wasn't going down without a fight. So I gripped the rope a little tighter and I pulled. Then, my hand got a little cut in it (but I was a huge drama queen and put on a scene) and I released the rope, ran to the bathroom and ran my hand under some cool water. The immediate relief I felt after letting go of that rope was like Jesus healing my hand. 

     But that's how life is sometimes. We're so busy pulling on what we don't need. Bad relationships, friendships, loved ones, family members, jobs, etc. And all it's doing is causing damage to us and everything that concerns us. It's time to release what's hindering so God can give you a blessing. The crazy thing is, some of us don't know when or how to let go. We wont release the rope until God forces HIS hand. 

1.) Prayer
  • We have to communicate to God that we have a problem with letting go and trusting him. The issue is greater than you. Better yet, the issue isn't about you. But this is the first step to talking to your Father and asking for His help. God needs your transparency and authenticity. He can't help what your not willing to acknowledge.

2.) Petition
  • Stop telling people your business!!! They can't help you. Bring it to God. He's been there since day one. People will give your their views and opinion but God will give you DIVINE DIRECTION. He put you in this position for a reason. Everything that's hurting you or causing you to not be on your 'A Game' was set up by God so He could get your attention. He's waiting, are you willing?

3.) Thanksgiving
  • Thank Him for the pain. It's necessary. He's making the situation painful so you wont go back. He wanted the breakup to be painful, He wanted you to lose your job, He wanted your friends to turn their backs on you. He did all of that to get your attention. He wants to be your strength, your source, your everything. But He has a requirement, RELEASE!!!

     It's time to let it all go. Release the rope. Stop holding on to what's hurting you. Surrender it. Leave it. And move forward!!! The blessings that God has stored up for you are far greater than what you can imagine. As soon as you release what you're holding, God will give you peace, he'll guard your heart and he'll protect your mind. And as the old, Baptist saying goes, "Let Go and LET GOD!!!"

Authentically Yours, 

Ariel Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment