Monday, December 29, 2014

BAG LADY




"Bag lady you goin' hurt your back
Draggin' all 'em bags like that
I guess nobody ever told you
All you must hold on to
Is you, is you, is you" -Erykah Badu

Hunny, you gotta drop the baggage and take the leap of faith. I know your're comfortable with the pain, and "patience" is not your strongest virtue. But, you are carrying a load that isn't for you. I know your "frienemies" hurt you, your man didn't accept you for you and your family is trying to understand you. But I promise God will give you Beauty for your ashes. It's the perfect trade. He just wants you to have the perfect carry on. 

The hate that you harbor in your heart may seem comfortable to you, but it's BAGGAGE. The negativity that spits from your mouth may seem like "your just keeping it REAL," but it's BAGGAGE. That hot temper that you call your attitude, it's BAGGAGE. The friend that love oh so dearly but slips your best kept secrets, it's BAGGAGE. The guy that you allow to keep coming in and out of your life, IT IS BAGGAGE!!! I know it's hard to let go, I know you have history, I know you have kids together, I know your negatives are your comfortable for you, BUT IS IT HEALTHY?

I know everyone has a "New Year, New Me" speech. But God can give you LIFE and LIFE ABUNDANTLY. All you have to do is drop your bags. Cast every care on Him, for His yoke is easy and His burdens are light. Don't go into this year with the same issues from last year. Let God take your broken pieces so he can turn your life into a MASTERPIECE. 

Authentically Yours,

Ariel Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment